Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Best Original Song: Serious Film's 2012 Ballot


Just like with Oscar ballots I'm weighting these with #1 as my top choice and so on down the list.

1. "Who Did That To You" from Django Unchained


by John Legend



2. "Dull Tool" from This is 40


by Fiona Apple

3. "Freedom" from Django Unchained


by Anthony Hamilton & Elayna Boynton

4. "Skyfall" from Skyfall


by Adele

5. "Learn Me Right" form Brave


by Mumford and Sons and Birdy

Five More


"Still Alive" from Paul Williams Still Alive, "Touch the Sky" from Brave, "Ancora Qui" from Django Unchained, "100 Black Coffins" from Django Unchained, "Strange Love" from Frankenweenie

2012 Ballots

2 comments:

  1. I like Tarantino's use of music in movies but I don't feel that atracted by these musics as I was for Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction or Jackie Brown' soundtracks. I haven't seen Django yet, I suppose these musics will have another meaning in that context.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange Love is such an irresistible song and the best thing about it is that when you think it will zig it zags just as you'd expect from the tone of the film it's in.

    ReplyDelete